GetSetup strives to deliver online, interactive learning experiences. To accomplish this goal we need both great Guides and great classes. Additionally, we need to ensure our learners understand and choose the classes that are best suited for their needs.
Here are some of the things we do to help foster great learning experiences:
Screen, Select, and Train Guides:
- All Guides pass a background screening.
- Guides are required to have the technical skills needed to successfully lead online classes.
- We have a continuous review process to ensure Guides understand where they are excelling and where they need to improve.
- We certify Guides in both Customer Engagement and Virtual Instructor Led Training skills to ensure they have the people skills needed to teach our classes.
- Guides attend and pass a GetSetup Academy, which is an internal training program before they start teaching classes.
Select and Offer Relevant Classes:
- GetSetup’s class portfolio is geared towards topics for those over 50 who are interested in learning to enhance their technical skills and use today’s technology to enrich their lives.
- Classes are piloted to beta groups before being offered to the public, which helps us deliver content that is useful, interesting, and relevant.
- We offer both small group classes as well as private, individualized instruction to better match each learner’s needs.
- We regularly update our class offerings to keep our selections relevant.