Having issues loading the site? Try clearing the cookies and cache by following these instructions.
What are cookies or a cache?
Neither the cookies or cache collect data about you.
Why do I need to clear cookies/cache?
Your computer will use these pieces of information to load the website faster when you come back for another visit. They can cause problems when a new site goes live because the computer thinks it has loaded the correct information from the cache even without actually checking if anything changed.
Below are instructions on how to clear your cookies/cache for various browsers. Scroll to find your browser and follow the instructions.
Google Chrome Instructions
- Open your Chrome browser
- Look in the upper right corner to find a set of 3 dots
- Click on the 3 dots and choose "Settings"
- From the menu on the left, choose "Privacy and Security"
- Click on "Clear browsing data" and click on the "Advanced" tab
- There are several choices to make here. Leave all of them checked if you want all saved data erased. But if you don’t want your browser to lose passwords etc, you will want to uncheck:
- Passwords and other sign-in data
- Autofill form data
- Site Settings
- Hosted App data
- Click on "Clear data"
- The browser will return to the settings page
- You are now done, and can now close the window
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu at the top of your screen next to the Apple icon and select "Preferences".
- Click the "Advanced" tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox near the bottom of the window and close the Preferences window.
- Select the "Develop" drop-down menu, again at the very top of the screen. Click "Empty Cache".
Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
To clear browser history in Safari:In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
Microsoft Edge Instructions
Clear Cache, Cookies and History in Edge
- Click the "Settings and more" button. In the top right hand corner of your Edge browser's window, you will see a small button with 3 dots in it.
- Select the "Settings" menu item.
- Go to the "Clear browsing data" section.
- Choose what to clear from Edge.
- Click the "Clear" button.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (For Internet Explorer 11)
- Close all Internet Explorer windows
- Open a new Internet Explorer browser, then click Tools > Internet Options. (If you don't see this, press the Alt key to show the menu bar.)
- In the General tab, under Browsing History section, click Delete.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, select the check boxes for Temporary Internet Files and website filesand Cookies and website data. If you have saved any Pearson sites as Favorites, clear the check box for Preserve Favorites website data.
- Click Delete.
It may take a few minutes to process. Please wait for the files to delete before continuing.