Before submitting your application, you'll want to take a little time to gather the items needed for the application. Applicants are asked to choose a topic from our list of class topics and provide some basic information about themselves and the class idea.
Here's what you need to prepare to apply:
- Choose a Class Topic: Select a topic from our list of suggested topics
- Class Description: Write a short description in your own words explaining what the class is about. Excite the reader to take your class. Descriptions should be 200 words or less.
- Class Objectives: Identify specific learning objectives. Using bullet points, list what participants can expect to takeaway from your class
- Video: Record a short video (3-5 min) about how you would teach your class.
In the video, you should:
- Introduce yourself and the class
- Explain why your are teaching this
- Explain how it will be engaging and fun for everyone
- Share what you want learners to leave with (how will this class unlock something in their lives)
- Teach a short segment of your class ( If you are not familiar with recording tools, try using loom.com, or screencastify.com, Both are easy to use recording (screencasting) tools. GetSetup also offers a screencasting class if you need guided instruction on how to use the tool. Enroll on GetSetUp.io)